Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sunday, headed home.


One last look at LaPush and more whales greeted us this morning. This is a totum outside the LaPush Restaurant. Our local friend told us that a group from California bought the restuarant last winter. I wish them well.

Our trip home was beautiful, and we really took the long way home. We kept south on Hwy 101 until we got to the town of Raymond and then turned east on Hwy 6. Raymond was deserted and then suddenly we came to the town park and it looked like the whole community was there in mass. Isn't that cool.
We drove thru one farming community after another and I would have pulled over to take pictures but the road was narrow and no place for poor Casita to park. She did get a lot of bugs in her teeth, we we got home we were amazed at how many bugs had ended their short lives on our grill.

We are really ancious to get on the road again. Gas is nearly $3.00 a gallon and I am boycotting Exxon, who is taking a lot of flax right now for giving their retired CEO 400 million dollars, but I learned on the news today that Exxon is the one comp
any that is really looking and exploring for more gas/oil reserves so maybe I will boycott Chevron instead. Had to laugh, there is a local Mom and Pop gas station that sells Chevron flying a jolly roger flag over their business. What does that tell you.
I don't think we will be going anywhere in May as I am going to help out at the Red Cross at Madigan, Sumo is on and have a few medical appointments. In June we are going back to the coast, but this time, we are going to Ocean Shores area. Maybe after that, we can take off again

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I came over from ADBB... You're in my neck of the woods! I'm originally from Seabeck - a little town on Hood Canal, right on the other side of where you've been visiting. :) I hope you've gotten to enjoy some of our fantastic early spring weather!