Monday, April 17, 2006

Back to Sequim


http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1841989

We paid $138.00 for a tank of gas yesterday and now I know why. You can believe that! We won't be buying Exxon gas. What in the heck is Mr Raymond going to do with $400. million dollars, the man is old as snot and couldn't spend it all even if he hired me to help him. Lets boycott Exxon cause its such a slap in the face to hear where our money is going. Besides getting 400 million, he is also going to get a million or so a year for consulting fees. Poor guy. I'll be he's one of George's buddies.
So back to our little trip. We decided that we would bypass the interstates and it was fun to go through a bunch of little towns, Raymond, Elma, McCleary and ended up staying at Sequim Bay State Park. What a pretty park, tall trees, surrounded by forest. We heard, but didn't see, a woodpecker rat-ta-tat-tating high in one of the trees, but there were really few birds to enjoy on the bay.
We found Trillium growing in the woods below us. Trillium is one of the first flowers of spring and they are so beautiful. I understand that they are nearly extint in Michigan because they are preferred food for the white tail deer. Here in Washington, they are also on the verge of extinction but mostly because our forests are disappearing. They come in reds and pinks and even a deep wine color, but all I have seen are the white ones.
Dinner was delicious. If you like Mexican and spicy, try this soup. It is so easy and soooo good. Take two cans of black beans, one can of beef broth, and about a cup (or a small jar) of chunky salsa into a pot with a couple teaspoons of cumin. Heat and serve with sour cream and chopped green onions. (I put some of the beans in my food processor so I would have more broth and less bean.
Buy the way, neither Roy nor I were visited by my son's ghost friend. I even woke up a few times and waited to see if anything would make itself known, but nothing. Maybe we lost them on the road someplace.

No comments: