Wednesday, April 26, 2006

La Push, Washington

Fate sometimes lends a little twist to our adventures. We departed Neah Bay on a bright sunny morning, sunny but windy. The drive out was more spectacular than the one in with glimpes of great beaches and views of Canada and the Straits of Juan De Fuca. Our plan was to drive to Forks and spend the night, but fortunately, as it turned out, the park was closed for the winter. Flipping a coin, we decided to try La Push, Washington as we knew it had two RV parks and one was on the ocean.
The RV park was nice, a little pricey, but it had electricity and water and thats all we needed. They suggest that we take Space 1 since it would be quiet? I wasn't sure what noise was going to bother us, but we took Space 1 and set up.
We were a little disappointed. The beach was mostly black rocks, and since the wind was really rippin' by this time, we didn't spend a lot of time out doors.The only birds we saw were crows and gulls and while I have nothing against either crows or gulls, I didn't think I was going to have a lot to write about. Rocky beach, no wildlife!!
Played a couple games of backgammon with Roy, who decided that I was making up the rules as I went along since I was winning, but then he gammoned me, and changed his mind. Went to bed listening to the wind rock the RV.

No comments: