Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back to the Future

Just heard the tenants who are living in our house are moving the end of September so since we don't relish the thought of leaving the house empty, Roy has decided to go home early. Of course, that will leave the packing for me to do, and that will leave me to finish eating all the food in the kitchen and that will leave me to go to the SUMO grand finale alone and that will leave me to deal with packer etc. But thats okay, I can send the furniture home early and we can just get on the road that much sooner.
Also heard that my best buddy is coming to spend Christmas with us and I am so excited as he was my neighbor in California and has moved to Oregon and lives pretty close to us. We are going to show him around Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia and he is then going to show us around Portland.
I also heard another friend lost her husband over the weekend. That will also change our plans as I want to go and spend some time with her. Did I mention our plans were fluid.
Then if all that wasn't enough, I got a call from one of the big wigs in the organization that I work for and she wants me to pull my retirement and apply for a job with her in Italy. This is her second phone call in a matter of two weeks, so I guess she is serious. Don't think so. If I accept the position, I will be on the road to Iraq in a matter of months, and been there, done that, not doing it again. Sorry Ms D, but while I would love to work for you and while I would love to go to Italy, I know what else it involves and I just am not interested.

No comments: