Monday, February 21, 2011

 

Drove down to the Salton Sea over the holiday and about half way down it started to rain and the rain continued for most of the day and night and even the next morning. The desert has a funny acrid smell in the rain, nothing I could identify, sort of unpleasant, no really unpleasant. I made the mistake of trying the trail from the Wildlife Headquarters to the beach and it started out kind of slick, and just got worse. Unfortunately, I misjudged this one spot and sunk ankle deep in it, almost falling over and feeling my foot slipping out of the shoe. (My only pair of shoes). I got it out, but by now I'm pretty much covered in the stuff. I turned around and headed back to the car. There was a hose at the HQ and that got most of it off, but this was the sticky stuff.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: